We’ve stayed at the Gulgong Showground a couple of times now on our way back to the coast and it’s a great spot to pull up for the night!
There is power and water available and most camp up the top near the amenities. We, however, like to get away from the caravan park style sites and the caretaker is fantastic and allows you to choose your own unpowered site and there’s ample space to park!
WHERE IS IT?
Gulgong is around 300km from Newcastle via the Golden Highway.
The Showground itself is on Guntawang Street and only a few short minutes from the town centre.
- Powered site: $16.00
- Unpowered site: $12.00
Caretaker comes around to collect fees.
**fees current at the time of this post
- Powered and unpowered sites.
- Suitable for tents through to big rigs.
- Clean toilets and showers.
- Water available.
- Pet friendly.
- Phone service.
- Dump point.
- Close to town.
- No fires allowed at the time of our stay – check with caretaker.
- Shade available (more so in unpowered area).
- Great for kids. Plenty of space to ride their bikes and play.
Check out Gulgong Showground on WikiCamps!
We highly recommend Gulgong Showground! The caretakers are very friendly and grounds are well maintained. We will be back for yet another stay next time we are out that way!