One of our favourite meals to have when we are away camping is homemade PIZZA!
Our secret to the perfect pizza… using a pizza stone on the Weber Baby Q. The pizza stone soaks up moisture and allows the base to become nice and crispy!
We make our own dough and it is really quick, easy and best of all delicious.
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7g sachet of dried yeast
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Combine sifted flour, sugar, salt and yeast into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and stir in combined water and oil.
- Stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 3 minutes.
- Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover with glad wrap for at least 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Roll dough to form a pizza base and add toppings.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes at 200c OR in Weber for 10-15 minutes on high heat.
- This recipe will make two bases.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST WEBER PIZZA!
- The Weber needs to be at quite a high temperature and have the stone on it for at least 10 minutes to heat up before adding the pizza.
- Place the pizza on grease proof paper before putting it on the stone.
- Once the dough is ready to use it will have doubled in size and look like the picture below.
- Note: I have often left the dough to sit for up to 3 hours before using it. Minimum time is 30 minutes.
** A tip to save time when camping: I normally measure the dry ingredients at home and put them altogether in a snap lock bag. Then all I have do is add the yeast, water and oil when it comes time to make the bases.
What’s your favourite camping meal?