Sunday morning camp oven breakfast… is there anything better?!
This Bacon & Egg Damper is delicious!! Grab the recipe and cook it up next time you go camping!
Bacon & Egg Damper
A delicious breakfast to cook up in the camp oven!
Write a review
- 310 g self raising flour
- 3 T oil
- 150 g tasty cheese, grated
- 2 bacon rashers, diced
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 egg + 2 extra for the top
- 1 t salt
- 3/4 C milk
- Preheat Camp Oven (around 190c).
- Combine flour, salt and oil in a bowl.
- Stir in shallots, bacon and 2/3 of the cheese.
- Combine 1 egg and milk in a separate bowl.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Turn onto lightly floured board and knead lightly.
- Form into a ball and make an indent in the middle.
- Crack remaining 2 eggs into the hole and cover with remaining cheese.
- Place damper on baking paper.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
life outside work http://lifeoutsidework.com.au/